Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day!

We went to visit with my Dad after sacrament on Sunday. We barbecued some chicken and corn on the cob and had a salad to go with it. Mom made a cake and an apple pie. It was a pretty mellow party for a Stanley shin dig but we had a great time visiting. Like the pin my Dad is wearing? Yeah that came from his favorite daughter! We missed James and Tammy and the kids but I love getting together with my family! Uncle Will wasn't feeling to well so we kept the noise level to a dull roar this go around.
The best part of being at Dad's is of course seeing my baby. Bonzo cat! We've had this cat since 1993 if you can believe that! I wonder who made that super cute kitty blanket she's comfy cozy on?.....Oh yeah, it was me!

We headed home about 5:00 PM and this is what the highway between Tombstone and Bisbee looked like. It was smoke from the Monument Fire. Sunday we had 60 MPH wind gusts and this monster of a fire blew up.

The smoke was unbelievable! I think there were 14 homes lost that day and 3 restaurants that I know of. This has been one heck of a fire fight for the fire fighters.

This is what the fire looked like that night! Out of control and huge! We're prepared to evacuate just in case, hopefully it won't come to that.

I can't wait for the monsoons to start. It may be humid and sticky and hot and miserable, but anything is better than this!



Happy Father's Day to all our Dads. We love you guys and hope you had a terrific day!

1 comment:

Bev said...

I love your family.....but that cat....well you know how I feel about that dang cat!! I hate these fires and I saw your bishops picture on the news......very sad!!