Monday, January 17, 2011

Mom, can we do the volcano now?

Since December 25Th I have heard one question asked at least once a day, everyday. Mom, can we do the volcano now? Me and my bright ideas. Alex got a volcano making kit for Christmas. Now I've been paying for it daily! I finally gave in and said yes. We celebrated MLK Day with a volcano making party!
The mold had to set up for 30 minutes. It seemed like it was the longest 30 minutes of Alex's whole life! She was so excited.
It's done, yippee!
Then it got a splash of color from our very talented artists. I thought it turned out great. Now it was time to get the lava flowing. Eruption here we come!
WOW, look at that white lava bubble. It was kind of a dud in the wow department but the girls enjoyed it. They had a good time watching it erupt.
Now, finally, I can get some peace and quiet about the dang volcano. Or so I thought, what do I hear this morning? Mom, can we do some tasty science experiments for breakfast? Ugghh, next year we may be buying toys!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, good times :-)

Can you reuse the volcano? It might be neat to see if there are other mixtures that might have different reactions.

I'm a teacher, so I find that I approach my parenting with my teacher brain sometimes ;)

Bev said...

Only at your house.....fun!!