Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Grandma Stanley's Funeral

We took a few minutes at Grandpa's house to snap a couple pictures before we headed to the cemetery for Grandma's funeral. Vina (grandma Stanley) was my dad's step mom. She was the only Grandma on my dad's side I had ever know. She was always seen by our family to be our Grandma. My kids only knew her as their Great Grandma. She was a wonderful lady and we're going to miss her. She had a wonderful life, with lots of friends and family that loved her. 91 years is a long time to live, she lived a good life. The girls with their Great Grandpa Stanley.

The girls with Nana and Papa.

We even had a little time to get a family picture, not my favorite but better to have a bad picture rather than no picture at all.

Clay, Will, and Papa at the cemetery for the funeral. Yes, I am one of those people that take pictures no matter what the circumstances. I got some weird looks from some. I wasn't doing anything wrong, or disrespecting Grandma or her memory. I just wanted to remember this day and have pictures for my children to help them remember.

Grandpa and James. James and Tammy drove down from Montana to pay their respects to Grandma. It was so good to see them and the kids. I was glad they made it.

My cousins Lane and ElaineMae. Their my dad's brother's (Uncle Scott) kids. It was great to see them. Elaine flew in from Colorado and Lane came up from Tucson. It's been a while since we had seen either of them.

Grandpa and his two boys. Where my dad, and me, got our short height from, I'll never know!

The Stanley family on Grandpa's side that attended the funeral. It wasn't quite the typical family reunion atmosphere, nor the perfect reason to get together but I am very thankful for the opportunity I had to visit and catch up with my family.

4 generations of Stanley's. What a great picture, definitely a Kodak moment. The funeral went as most do, the flowers were beautiful, it was a very pretty day weather wise and I know Grandma was looking down on us. I'm sure she was very happy and could feel all our love and support.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Good pictures!! Thanks for sharing them!