Saturday, April 24, 2010

I love to see the temple

Today we went and toured the Gila Valley Arizona Temple. One word says it all..... Amazing! OK well maybe a few more words than one..... Beautiful, awe inspiring, magnificent, spiritual, perfect, heavenly. (just to name a few) My mom went hunting with Will to be the cook. My dad asked me to take her place because they had signed up to be security/usher at the temple. I didn't want the girls to miss out on the occasion so I took them with me.
We showed up an hour early for our usher duty so we went and toured the temple before our duty started. It was amazing, inside and out. The girls were very reverent, had lots of questions, and their faces said it all. It was a very spiritual and touching experience.
The Angel Moroni. Not many understand the symbolism of this statue but it is quite a sight as you look heaven ward and see it gleaming in the sun. Awe inspiring.
After our tour of the temple we stood/sat out front and directed people to where they needed to be. It was very windy but not cold thank goodness. There wasn't much for the kids to do but I never heard a complaint. They liked saying Hi to everyone and looking at all the people, and people there were! They came by the bus and van load!
The mountains in the background were a great back drop for this special day. From the stake center to the temple it was BEAUTIFUL.
The girls were very reverent inside and out. While inside, Alex leaned over and told me in my ear, This is where I want to get married mom. I'm sure they will never forget the beauty of the temple and the spirit that was felt inside. They loved looking at the temple and walking around the grounds. They wanted to go in again and again. We plan on going again before it is dedicated. We can't wait to take part in the dedication ceremony. I think this really helped the girls feel the importance of the temple.
What a beautiful and magnificent building. I am so glad it is close to home. I look forward to many trips to the temple in the near future. On a side note. Guess who went on the tour in our group. Harris Thompson and his lovely wife Karen. Yep, that's right Josh, your mom and dad. It really is a small world. We saw tons of people we knew. When we stopped to eat at Arby's on the way home we saw Coach Comaduran. A very small world. It was a truly spiritual day and I am so glad that my children got to experience the temple.

2 comments:

Bev said...

great memories and a very good example for your kids!! So glad you could go!!

Amie said...

What a cool experience for your girls. I'm so glad you took advantage of it! I wish we would have! You got some beautiful pictures. Your girls are growing up! Glad you all are doing great. Take care Roxanne!