Friday, April 23, 2010

April Snow!!

This morning when I woke up it was snowing. This is no April Fools Day joke people! It was snowing, in April, in Bisbee! Clay left for work early. Fifteen minutes after he left he called the house and said I should wake the kids and go up to the tunnel and play in the snow. I thought it was a good idea! There was no one else on top of the tunnel so we had the mountain to ourselves. It was really foggy and the snow was still falling.
You'll notice in all the pictures it's just Alex. Sydney didn't want to play in the snow. She didn't want to get out of her warm bed or get dressed either. (Good thing I have such a wonderful husband. He RE-hooked up our heater after his hot complaining wife told him to turn it off and get the cooler ready last weekend. Thanks Clay, I love you!) So, Alex and I braved the snow and went and played.
I had just packed all our winter clothes away last weekend, good thing I hadn't made it to the coat closet yet!
We went hiking up a mountain. Alex was ready to go. I kept making her stop to take pictures, she has a smile on her face but I don't think she was very happy with slow picture taking mom.
Then I let her climb up this hill and do whatever she wanted after one last picture. Then the fun really began!
After sliding down hills, getting dirty, cold red hands and noses, it was time to hike back to the truck.
When we got to the truck Alex said, OK mom you can take one more picture and that is it! Little did she know, that was the last picture of her taken but I planned on stopping off along side the road all the way home and taking pictures to send to our favorite news station KGUN9!
We found our truck and our cargo safe and sound where we left it. Sydney chose not to play in the snow but mean old mom made her get shoes on and sit in the nice warm truck with some blankets while mom and Alex played in the snow.
On the way down the mountain we stopped and took a picture of Old Bisbee, very foggy, very snowy, but hopefully you get the picture. It was SNOWING!
I think my roses are gonna freeze. It looks like someone stood in our poor rose bush. The rain and snow did a real number on these little ladies today.
The roses were so big and pretty this year. I hope they don't die, Maybe you should cover them, Alex tells me. I think it might be a little late, but we'll trim them down when it's dry out and see if we can't get some more growing when it gets warm. This is nice April weather for a change. Good thing we don't have school on Friday's or we probably would have had to take a snow day! As long as the sun is shining and hot come May 26 (first day of summer vacation) I'll be a happy girl!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!! All I woke up to was sunny Tolleson...like always! Love ya!

Bev said...

What the heck?! You are such a fun, memory making Momma!!