Friday, March 13, 2009

The softer side of Daddy

I can't imagine what my little girls would be like without their father. I do know this, their jewelry (and mine) would be very Ho Hum without him! I'll try to get to the point of this little happening without writing a book about it! So Sydney came home from school the other day with two friendship bracelets. She announced proudly she was in a girls club and needed to make her friends in the club each a bracelet. She had on two bracelets. She was so excited about them. They weren't really much, just some yarn braided but she loved them! She wanted to make some (5 to be exact) for each member in the club. She asked me if I knew how to make friendship bracelets. I said I use to but didn't know if I could remember how. So on I went making dinner and forgot all about the club.
Next day we went to Alex's parent teacher conference. While I met with the teacher the girls played. Then we went home. This was on a Friday. When we got home Sydney remembered she had taken off her treasured friendship bracelets in Alex's classroom. I told her we could look for them on Monday. Sydney wasn't very happy, she looked so sad. Monday rolls around, I check the classroom. NO bracelets. Talk about crushed! I asked the teacher to keep her eyes open for blue yarn looking bracelets. She said she would. Sydney was sooooo sad. She kept saying she couldn't be in the club now! Poor girl.


Daddy came home from work one day and said he was going to the store for a second. He was going to buy floss to make Sydney a new friendship bracelet. Now, why didn't I think of that?? So off he went, I started dinner and wondered what had gotten into my hubby. He was very excited when he got home. He was going to surprise Sydney. He then got on YOU TUBE and watched some teeney bopper walk him through the steps of how to make a bracelet.


I was off to a meeting at the school shortly after dinner. I was gone a few hours. When I get home Sydney is all smiles and has a brand new bracelet, made by her dad no less. What a happy girl. Dad had totally come to the rescue. I was a little jealous I hadn't thought to make her a new bracelet. I was also wanting a handmade special gift from him too! What a lucky girl. A few days later Alex got a much coveted handmade by daddy friendship bracelet too! Talk about a cool guy! What did mommies bracelet look like you ask?? Hmmm, all he said was, you don't really want one do you??

Well, yes I do want one. How special would a girl feel knowing her husband spent time making her something! My kids are so blessed to have such an amazing dad. The littlest things can make me fall in love with him all over again. It's nice to know that Daddy has a soft spot just for his girls and would do just about anything for them, even make jewelry (we're still working on him letting us paint his toe nails). We love you Daddy!
Just a little side note. The bracelets Sydney's friends had made her were later found by Alex in her classroom. Daddy is now teaching Sydney how to make bracelets for her friends. Go Dad!

2 comments:

Bev said...

I want a bracelet too. I want to be in the club too. whaddddda wanna be? I want to be a club girl like Sydney and Alex and I want a dad like Clay....Clay, you rock!! And a jewelry designer too, what a deal.

Amy said...

I want one too!! If you can't convince him to make one for his sister-in-law, maybe he'll make one for his soon to be coming nephew!! (but in my size of course!) :)

I'm glad your cool hubby is related to my cool hubby :)

And please get better! I was looking forward to playing with you guys this week!!