Monday, March 2, 2009

Check the buttons!

Quick Funny Story.....Last night I went into the kitchen to get a glass of ice water. Most of the time, the girls are nominated to get up and get it for me. Sydney is really good at bringing mom and dad a glass of ice water without being asked. Sydney had gotten me my last glass of water so I decided to get up and get it myself this time. I put my cup under the ice dispenser in the door of the fridge and push the button. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. I say "what has happened?"
Clay came in and told me he would look at it. He looked at if for awhile, couldn't figure out what was going on. I went back in to try again. We were stumped. The light would come on but we couldn't get any ice or water! Clay then breaks out his tools and proceeds to take the fridge door apart. I had already called Sears and found out our warranty policy had expired and service plan had too. It would cost over $200 for a new service plan for one year. No thanks!! So we took the door apart, found nothing at all wrong. The girls came in just as we were putting everything back together. I say "It worked fine earlier, what the heck happened?" Sydney pointed to the door and said "Uhhhh, mom!" I was pretty mad so I snapped at her and said "WHAT??" She pushed the UN lock button on the door and everything worked just fine! I felt so dumb! She didn't get yelled at. Instead we had a little lesson right then and there about not touching the buttons on the fridge. You would think we would have had to have this talk earlier. Our kids are 6 and 8 and never before have they pushed any of the buttons on our appliances (hopefully they never will again but if they do, at least we know what to do FIRST). Thank goodness I didn't call the expensive repairman! So always check the buttons first!
For those of you who signed up to play the letter game here are your letters!
Shannon : H
Susan: W
Nora: L
Amy: D
Have fun, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

2 comments:

Roxy Dozier said...

Amy you got D. I hope it's not to easy for you! Have fun! :)

Amie said...

Hi Roxanne! Sheesh, I hope that your eye is doing better. That looked so painful! I loved reading your tag using the letter B. Have you started your blog book yet? One tip I'll give...if you have six pictures for one post, add a page and put the text on one page and the pics filling the other. Otherwise, the pictures are SO small you can't really see them. Call me if you have no idea what I'm talking about. :) Cute blog backgroud by the way. Is this a digital scrapbooking kit? Post and let us know how your eye is doing...