Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just like Mom use to make.

I hope this is how it turns out anyways.
(No, this is not what our table looked like!)
After making a Turkey dinner for Clay to surprise him, we ended up having to wait for him to get home from work. I had been sick lately so a yummy dinner was out of the question and the last Turkey breast I had attempted to make burned while we were at church. Clay was in dire need of some GOOD nourishment. Dinner turned out super good. Moist Turkey, perfect buttery potatoes, excellent gravy, and delicious corn (if I do say so myself). Clay didn't get home to late after the girls and I had eaten. WOW, was he excited when he walked in the door to smell Turkey. I'm so lucky, he's easy to please with food.
Clay has been asking me to make this dessert for some time now. Whenever we go out to eat, he always orders this dessert and tells me ALL ABOUT how his mother use to make it. So tonight instead of planning our meal around him (we're just having boring chicken tacos and rice) we decided to plan dessert around him. Maybe he'll even make it home on time to get some! This is that super yummy, super easy, banana pudding wafer stuff. Layer wafers, bananas, pudding, yadda yadda yadda. EASY is the key word. I put cool whip on top with a few crushed up wafers. I can't wait until he gets home. I'm going to win the Wife of the year award, I know it! Hopefully, it's as good as his Mom's if not better!
This is also a HUGE thank you to Clay for letting me go to the TWILIGHT costume party. What a blast! A much needed break from the ho hum's of home life! Had a great time, didn't win a door prize and stayed up way past my bed time. Love you Clay. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Tell us more about this Twilight costume party! Your dinner sounds so yummy! Great job Roxanne! So, did you earn that wife of the year award??? :) I loved the story about Clay making that bracelet for Sydney. How SWEET of him to get on youtube and learn to make one. What an awesome daddy!