Monday, March 9, 2009

Silly Sydney

I know if I don't post these stories they will long be forgotten. Sydney has said a couple of things lately that have just cracked us up. These are mainly for journalings sake so if you don't find them funny......... sorry about that!





Sydney is eight. Sometimes she acts and says things that a teenager would. I'm one of those parents looking forward to the teenage years. My mom was awesome during my teenage years. We had some WILD times, but we both survived. I want to be a fun understanding mom, one that my daughters will actually WANT to talk to me when they grow up! So, on with the story. I was picking on Sydney the other night. I was bugging her while she was trying to watch T.V., I can't recall exactly what I was saying to her but this was what she said back. Now mind you, this is after me picking on her and bugging her for a good ten minutes. She says " So what, you have pink eye! Worry about yourself!" I just laughed. I really can't wait to have a teenager and all the attitude that comes with it. I just wish my EIGHT year old would stop growing up so fast (and get rid of the attitude ASAP!).
Next funny little story happened today. Clay and I had dentist appointments so my mom came up and got the kids from school since it was a half day. So when we were done with our appointments and heading home we had my mom meet is to eat. We decided to eat at Golden Corral. My mom decided to go on home and not eat with us. Our meal was very good but mostly uneventful. Then came dessert. Sydney got a cookie, a small brownie, some mini marshmallows, and some candy corns. As she was sitting down her plate tipped a little spilling a few marshmallows and some candy corns. She bent down to pick them up. I said, "just leave them on the floor Sydney, they're yucky now". She sits in her chair, her eyes get all big and she says" They're good for 30 minutes you know!!!!!" I just busted up! She obviously got the 30 second rule a little mixed up. She left them on the floor but could not stop looking at them, wondering what exactly was so wrong with them that she couldn't eat them. The rest of the day turned out to be pretty normal and not so funny.


2 comments:

Bev said...

Yeah, cute!! Can't wait for a few years when she says something funny to you and you want to knock her into next week. Don't worry, it will happen!!

You'll be a cool mom, you already are. Look at your example!?

Amie said...

So funny! Kids develop attitudes so fast these days! :) Alex says stuff like that to me all the time...and he's FIVE. Unlike you, I am WORRIED about the teenage years! :)
You still thinking of coming up this week?