Thursday, December 11, 2008

The verdict is in

I loved being on the jury! It was so exciting. I have always been very interested in the whole process. I don't think I'd like to be on the Jury for a murder trial or anything like that. The case I was on was a burglary. It was easy just to follow the evidence. The hardest part of the whole thing was getting the other jurors to see things my way or being able to see things their way. The group dynamics of the jury was pretty funny. We were all so different. One guy yelled a lot but he had a very good sense of humor. Another guy talked so soft you could hardly hear him and he went to the bathroom a lot. I was the youngest on the jury, I didn't get what they were talking about half the time but I still had fun. I was the foreperson so I was in charge of the deliberations. I didn't want the job but no one else would volunteer. It was hard to tell a man who could be my Grandfather, what to do and how to do it. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. I'll be waiting a couple years of course!

No comments: