Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving in Peoria with Clay's mom. Wow, what a great hostess. This is what her table looked like. It was beautiful. This was the kids table. What is a family gathering without a kids table. Only little girls this Thanksgiving. The girls had a great time with their cousins.

Sydney with a big piece of Turkey. By the end of the day I think she was pretty annoyed with mom and dad and all the picture taking!


The next morning (black Friday), we all pitched in to help Mama (Grandma) decorate for Christmas. We took a little break to watch the girls pull the wishbone. It was slippery and not quite dry enough but in the end it did finally snap! Oh Snap! (as Josh would say).


And the winner for the second year in a row............Alex! As she was walking away to throw away the wishbone she turned to Sydney and whispered, "I didn't even wish for nothin so we both lost ok". Too funny. We had such a great time with all the family, and all the great food. I'm so thankful we made the trip up to see everyone. I'm also thankful I didn't have too cook or host. It was a fun and relaxing weekend. We also went out shopping, (we must have been nuts to go out on Black Friday), we found some good deals and we are mostly done with all our Christmas shopping now. YAY!!


We also went to the World Wildlife Zoo on Saturday. I'll be posting pictures of that trip soon. What a great zoo. They are opening an aquarium there soon, Dec. 29th. I like this zoo more than the Phoenix zoo, it was amazing and the animals are all so close to you. They're all so active too! Anyways, that's a whole nother post! We hope you had a good Thanksgiving and were able to enjoy all the food as well as your families.



1 comment:

Linda said...

Roxy! No worries about the blog backgrounds - I actually copied you and tried the same background but wanted something different - the look just wasn't exactly me. And even if we did have the backgrounds, I wouldn't care. It's all good! And yes, everyone needs a christmas tree widget! I stole the idea from my friend Nicole. We need to get together sometime - if I'm ever visiting Benson sometime in the next few months I'll let you know and maybe we can get together??!! That would be fun.