Sunday, December 28, 2008

Could Christmas have been ANY better?

Wow, what a Christmas we had this year.

I started feeling under the weather on Tuesday. The next morning (Christmas Eve) I had full blown Strep throat....yes, again!! Good thing my doc gave me an extra prescription of penicillin just for this reason. After we read the Christmas story from our scriptures and all opened one present, mommy was pretty much done celebrating. Christmas morning come around, still feeling horrible but managed to have a good time for the kids sake. We made it to my moms for food and more presents, cut our trip short, and I was back home in bed. Clay had to work Friday morning.

When I woke up that morning to get his lunch ready my right eye was matted shut. Get it all cleaned up, get Clay off to work, and go back to bed. By the end of that night both my eyes were pink and goopy, kids had gone to stay at my moms, and I was once again in bed. I have never had pink eye in my life, and it just so happens I get the worst case of it ever in both my eyes! Merry Christmas to me!!

Friday night Uncle Colin came and got the girls and took them to Phoenix to see all of Clay's family for a Christmas get together. Grandma took them to see the Nutcracker Ballet, they got to play with their cousins, and of course more presents. They come home tomorrow! I'm so excited. I love going to Clay's mom's house so it was a big bummer to be stuck home in bed. My eyes are not as goopy today but still scary pink. Hopefully our New Year's is a little bit better! We'll see.

No comments: