Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Concert

Today was our Christmas concert. Mrs. Reed's Kindergarten class (the class I work with) and a third grade class put on a performance for the whole school. We did three shows. The little girl I work one on one with was great! She had a part that was made just for her. She was in charge of ringing the bells. Wow! She knows how to shake her bells!! All the kids did an awesome job. They were all so excited to perform. It was so fun to work with them and help them learn the songs and their lines. I'm glad it's over though, it was a lot of work!
I also found out today that after our winter break I will no longer be working one on one with my little girl. I'm so sad. I'm going to miss her. I will still be working at the school but I will be testing kids or pulling those kids that need extra help out of class. I'm excited for the new position, but I am going to miss my little girls sweet spirit every day. I will still be working in the preschool in the afternoon so that makes things a little easier. I love my job and the special children I have the opportunity to work with. Plus, I get to see my own kids everyday, have their same schedule, and keeps tabs on their academics all at the same time! What more could I ask for. Tomorrow is our last day of school, then we're out for two WHOLE weeks! Yay!!! We're excited for the rest and relaxation not to mention all the family we're going to visit and all the presents we're going to open!!

1 comment:

The Egans said...

At least your kids would see Santa.. this year we skipped the mall Santa cause Rylle is too cool for that.. and I wasn't in the mood to deal with the mall crowd.