Sunday, September 2, 2012

Feel good story of the month!

We all know moms/wives and under appreciated, overworked, and never thanked enough! It only takes one story like this to make it all worth it.
 
 
We all know I'm pregnant, emotional, tired, and craving salsa. I think I would have cried anyways whether I was pregnant and hormonal or not.
 
The other day I was sitting on the couch (I was either watching t.v., just waking up from a nap, or on my laptop, I can't remember), Clay comes in and sits directly in front of me, so close we were practically face to face. He says, Wife, I need to talk to you. He had a very serious very scary face on. I immediately started racking my brain trying to think if I had done something to upset him. I couldn't think of anything. He just sat there for a minute staring at me, in that minute I got really scared (of what I don't know, but he was truly scaring me), and instantly started crying. Then it was his turn to get scared. He asked if there was anything I needed to tell him. Ummmm no! He's the one who wanted to talk to me! Then he asks why I'm crying. Through my tears and snot and runny mascara and gulps of air I tell him because he's staring at me so close and I'm pregnant. We have a little laugh then he gets serious again. He says ok, you ready? I say yes. He goes on to say, I want to thank you wife (yep, tears start flowing again). I come home from a long day of work, sweating in the sun, I change my clothes and wash my face. Do you know how nice it is to come home and be able to wash my sweaty dirty face with a fresh, clean, non sour washcloth! Thank you wife, I love you. Then I get a kiss and he walks away. Talk about feeling good about making my husband happy.  
 
 I had done a load of whites that day, since our towels and washcloths are white they were cleaned. I always try to switch out his washcloths because I don't want them sour. If you don't know, I'm pretty OCD about my laundry. For the most part it has to be done a certain way, washed, dried, folded, and put away that day or I won't start it. I love doing laundry (dishes, no thanks!).  There have been days when the last load of the day stays in the dryer and wrinkles beyond believe but those days a few and far between.
 
We as moms/wives do so many little things that go unnoticed on a daily basis. (water plants, wipe counters, empty trash, pick up toys, straighten rooms, clean out the fridge, dust, find lost things, kiss boo boos, the list goes on and on!) It is soooo nice to get the thanks and recognition we need and want once in awhile. If it came to often we'd get a big head and expect it. I love little moments like this. It makes me truly love my job as a mother and a wife! I'll keep doing the little things, like changing washcloths because I'm weird, because I know deep down my family notices every little thing I do for them and they love me for it! 
 
 

3 comments:

Chalice said...

Way to go Brother!

I'm glad he realizes how amazing you are Roxy!!

Salvage Chic Lady said...

Your Grandma Holyoak is rejoicing over your laundry OCD-ness...you got that from her! I remember you as a girl doing your families laundry all the time because you didn't like how your mom did it! You go girl!!!(What a nice guy your Clay is...)

The Kleyn Family said...

Awww, what a husband!!!! Thanks for the uplifting post! We all need more like these! :-) I can't wait to catch up with you next weekend!! Love ya!