Sunday, September 9, 2012

Aunt Bev knows how to shower!

 My Aunt Bev and her super adorable grand baby Maisy. This lady is amazing! My third and final baby shower was at her house in Mesa. I have so many friends and family from up there that we decided to save them a trip and party up there!
 The food was super yummy. We had sandwiches, dips, chips, veggies, desserts and of course SALSA! I think I only ate chips and salsa but man was it just what the baby wanted!
 Before the party started I got to sit a visit with my cousin Emily, who I wish I could hang out with more. Super fun chick! I also got to visit with my Aunt Diane, Aunt Nelda, Lavina, and my cousin Kaitlyn. I loved seeing ALL the family that came. We didn't play any games at the shower, instead I got to spend some quality time with friends and family. A baby shower to remember that's for sure.
 I received so many gifts I'm forever indebted to everyone. It was just what I needed these last few weeks to be able to rest easy knowing I'm now officially prepared. I'm so blessed, thank you all. I couldn't possibly show pictures of everything I got, but here are a few for the blogs sake. The quilt above was made by my Aunt Debbie's sister Judy! AMAZING! It's going to get used and loved daily here soon. Judy is an awesome quilter and I'm so fortunate to get one for my new little one. Thanks Judy (and Aunt Debbie for taking pictures!)
 Mama (Grandma Wing, Clay's mom) got a much needed Boppy for me, two flannel quilts, burp cloths and a noise machine. I'd say she's super excited to have a new grandchild. wouldn't you? There hasn't been a baby girl born on Clay's side in awhile so were all little excited to see pink again!
My Aunt Kay made some amazing burp cloths. My favorite one is the one with the little black balls that hang down, adorable. It's now in my hospital bag cause I love it so much! I'm going to have to make me some more of these once things calm down, they're the perfect size and just what I like!
 
 
I got so many cute outfits, and toys, and BOOKS, and bath supplies, and burpers, and quilts, and diapers, and hair things, and swimsuits, and and and. You name it I probably got it! On the way home we stopped and used gift cards to get a jog stroller (thank you Grandpa Holyoak), a highchair(thank you Aunt Nelda), and a diaper bag. We've got everything we'll need for the next week or so. Now it's a waiting game, can't wait to see our little peanut!
A special thanks to my Aunt Bev for all the time and effort she put into throwing me an amazing shower!Not only did she host the shower, we had a book raffle, she made me burpers and a flannel quilt with a matching wipe holder. Like I said she is AMAZING! To Aunt Kay and Aunt Diane for helping out with the food, and to everyone that came and showed me their love and support! THANK YOU!

No comments: