Monday, September 10, 2012

Baby Bedding!

When I first found out I was pregnant, my sister in-law Amy asked if she could make the bedding for the crib. I told her sure (I mean really, have you not seen her quilts and cute stuff on her website? How could I say no!) I expected a blanket and maybe a sheet but this girl went all out!
 I had 2 baby showers this past weekend. (I'll post pictures of both soon). I had a ward baby shower on Friday and a friends and family baby shower in Mesa on Saturday. The gifts, and food, and decorations, and hostess, and party goers were awesome. Some people I hadn't seen for quite sometime (Linda!) and it was nice to catch up with everyone. My poor Aunt Nelda didn't even know I was pregnant before she got the baby shower invitation! The girls had fun with some of their 2nd cousins and I had plenty of yummy salsa from Nando's so I was one happy momma!
 So my camera stinks, and the baby's room is a bit small (it's just cramped, there is a crib, a changing table, a queen bed, a dresser, and a cedar chest in there), so these pictures in no way do the amazing bedding justice! The bedding is all handmade and it included a quilt, bumpers, and a 3 ruffle crib skirt. Amy picked the material out and went to work. It's an amazing sight! It makes me want to jump in the crib, snuggle under the quilt, and take a nice long snooze!
 Amy is so amazing and talented she even had enough time and energy to make matching switch plate covers with leftover fabric modpodged to them. She made me two but I only have picture of one. I love them!
My showers were amazing. I feel so loved and supported. I have the best family and friends I could ever ask for. All the gifts I received were beautiful and just what I needed. If it hadn't taken ten years to get pregnant I wouldn't have needed anything but I got rid of everything I had a couple years ago. A big thank you to all those who came and were very supportive, it meant the world to me. I'll post more pictures of the numerous events that have happened lately. I had high hopes to have my blog all summer updated before the baby came, but now I have thank you cards to write and only 11 days before baby will be here. Here's my new goal: Have the blog updated by the end of January so I can print out the blog book. Here's to hoping....

No comments: