Saturday, September 29, 2012

Emma is here!

Emma Charlotte Dozier
September 22, 2012
8:23 AM
7.1 Lbs, 19 1/2 in.
 Our sweet little Emma is here! After 22 hours (I think it should be more like 5 minutes because that's all I pushed, the rest of the time I happily rested with an epidural) of labor she decided to make her big debut. My mom and Clayton were there with me to share in welcoming her into the world. The girls later came with Aunt Chalice to see their new sister for the first time. After nearly ten years of waiting, this was a huge deal for our little family. It's nice to know miracles still happen. Our family is so happy to have been blessed with little Emma. The labor and delivery story will come in another post soon along with pictures of the MANY friends and family that came by the hospital to see our little one. I have to say, I have the more supportive, caring, and loving extended family anyone could ask for. From Aunt Bev's hospitality, flowers, and chocolate, to cousins popping in with gifts and hello's, it was an amazing birth and an awesome beginning to the adventure of raising our little Emma. We couldn't have done it without all of you! For those of you who got texts while I was in the hospital, if they seemed a little strange and revealing, they were from Clay( and if you didn't get any sorry, there were a lot of people for the poor guy to try and tell)!
 Let's compare our little ladies, shall we! The above picture is Emma. She was my biggest baby (by an ounce) weighing in at 7.1 lbs. She was in the middle for length at 19 1/2". Her birthday is September 22. Her animal of choice (actually the girls chose for her) is an Elephant. I like animals in their new born pictures, then I always know who is who.
 This is Sydney. My littlest girl weighing in at 6.4lbs. She was the longest out of all of the girls at 21". Her birthday is November 21. When she was in the hospital we had brought along her little lamb (a little special something from mom and dad), the photographer put it in one of her pictures on a whim and a tradition was born!
Last but not least is Alexandra. My middle baby in the weight division at 7.0 lbs. She was my shortest baby at 19". Her birthday is October 23. Her giraffe was my choosing. I found a little dress that said Alexandra at a little boutique somewhere.

So we have birthdays in September, October, and November. They're on the days 21, 22, 23. It gets a little crazy to remember when filling out paperwork and such.

I am extremely grateful to be a mother again. It's been a little hectic. From having her in Tempe, trying to breastfeed for the first time, to Emma having Jaundice and needing blood tests everyday, to going on little sleep again for the first time in years. The first couple of days were scary, and happy, and chaotic, and full of tears but we made it through. Every day gets better and better. Luckily I had great doctors and awesome support from everyone. I healed super fast and Emma was my best pregnancy out of all three. My mom came to stay a week with me. Those long first nights home, I'll never forget, and thanks to my AWESOME mom I made it through. Clay was a major help too, he stayed by my side through the entire hospital stay and sang in Spanish to quiet our little one so I could take showers and get some sleep. Having a baby is such a traumatic thing for men, but I'm happy to say my man made it through with flying colors. He was the photographer, the movie maker, the texter, and the damage controller. He is an amazing guy! No wonder I love him! More to come.........

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I am supper excited for you guys. Little Emma is just beautiful!!! Your family is also beautiful. If theres anything you need, let us know.

Garner Family said...

She is so precious. Congratulations to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Awww - so beautiful! I cannot wait to see her (and you, and the girls and Clay). Debbie

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! Congratulations!

Amie said...

Congrats Roxanne! I tear up just thinking about your sweet miracle! I am SO STINKING HAPPY for YOU! Hope all is well, you're in my thoughts...I hope I had your correct address, I sent an outfit for your little miss. If you didn't get it, I need your new address please! :) (I sent it to an address on Mountain View Ave.) Take care!