Monday, August 27, 2012

3 weeks and Salsa!

I have been so horrible at blogging lately. I thought for sure my summer would be full of blogging and sunshine and swimming. Blogging took a back seat to naps. I have tons of pictures of everything we've done between May and now, I just have to blog it. Blog it I will! I have to for the sake of our blog book. I also thought I would take tons of pictures and document everything that was anything when it came to this pregnancy, because it could be our last. Another thing that didn't happen. I haven't felt super big or super miserable up until this week (and it's not even that bad, lots of movement that I can't control or shut off, but hey better lots of movement then none right!). It's like I'm finally feeling pregnant and it's already over.
 
 
 I'm being induced on the 21st of September. My due date is September 28th. I'm having the baby in Tempe so the doctor thought to be safe I should be induced a week early, to make sure I would make it to the hospital in plenty of time and safely. I've had a few contractions here and there. Sunday baby was very active and so were the contractions. She's still active today with a few contractions every time I stand up. I have a little over three weeks to go, I hope she can wait that long! I've gained 23 pounds so far and hopefully I lose 50 pounds the day she's born.....haha. I love being pregnant and the end is coming so fast. Everyone keeps asking me if the summer heat is getting to me. The main indicator that I was pregnant before the doctor confirmed it.......I freeze! I'm never cold, ever! Except when I'm pregnant. I think there have been two very hot, very humid days where I have been so hot I might have complained. Other than that I've been curled up on the couch snuggled up with my blanket and a fan on, sleeping the days away. I really, really hope this is not my final pregnancy.
With my other two pregnancies I didn't crave much. This time around me and salsa have become BFF's. I haven't had heartburn but a few days so the salsa is super yummy! One of the guys Clay works with brought me some homemade salsa from his wife. OH MY GOODNESS.......Delish!! I was in heaven. Also my next door neighbor brought some salsa over at the beginning of my pregnancy and I've been hooked ever since. My baby loves taco bell and can't get enough of the mild and green salsa mixed. My kids are so sick of going there they won't go anywhere with me if they know we're eating at taco bell. I've had numerous doctor's appointments in Tempe and what's a trip to Tempe without salsa. Macayo's now knows me by name and knows that I always order a cheese crisp with green chili and HOT sauce! My Aunt Debbie even treated me to Manuel's ( I think that was the name of the resturant) and I got to enjoy another yummy cheese crisp and loads of salsa.

I'm so looking forward to meeting our new little girl. The older sisters are getting super excited. My mom has already scheduled a week off to come and help. Clay has asked for time off. The baby's room is all set up, baby clothes and toys have been washed, and baby shower is in the works! I feel pretty prepared. I'm going to miss being pregnant. Feeling the hiccups and kicks and movements, but I'll have a new playmate to keep me company! I can't wait to meet her! After being high risk (that's a whole nother blog post in itself), to being told I'm having a c-section, to being not so high risk, to being told baby isn't head down yet, it's been one crazy stress filled pregnancy not to mention trips to Tempe and other doctors. I'm ready to get off the crazy train for a while....just not forever!

I promise to get my blog caught up, I promise to be a good mom and wife, and I promise to enjoy these last few weeks of my pregnancy!

7 comments:

Salvage Chic Lady said...

Look at you so cute and pregnant! You're looking good as ever, exciting times...do you have a name picked out yet?

Roxy Dozier said...

We haven't decided for sure but we're leaning towards Emma. We also like London. Sydney was where the 2000 olympics were so thats how Sydney got her name. Alexandra is also a place, so London would fit. I've liked Emma since day one because we have this amazing picture of Emma and Joesph Smith with the twins that they raised because their mom dies after child birth. I've just always thought Emma Smith was an amazing woman. We'll know for sure when she gets here I guess!

Anonymous said...

Yep, it was Manuel's where we ate. Glad you enjoyed it. Let me know when my week is... Debbie

Garner Family said...

Wow only 3 weeks to go! How exciting. Glad to hear things are going great.

Sarah said...

I know exactly how u feel when u say u hope this isnt ur last pregnacy. I hope Houston wasnt my last. We r super excited for u guys. U already r a great mother wife sister friend! Keep us informed.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

that was madison above