Monday, April 9, 2012

Day after Easter Hike

This year, for the first time in years, we got the day after Easter off from school! In years past we've always had to use it as a make up day because of snow or some other weather related incident. This year we spent the day hiking with friends!
I was feeling a little worn out and tired. I'm sure it was just being pregnant. I did try to hang in there with everyone. By the end of the day I was never so ready to go home and rest! The girls enjoyed every minute of the hike. We can't wait to do it again!
Hamburg Trail leads up to a look out. I was too much of a wuss to try it. I sat at the bottom with Camilee and her two little ones while everyone else headed up the trail. It was a tougher hike than the trail we were already on but still sounded to tough for me!
All the kids survived with a few minor scrapes and bumps. We had a great time. It was a cheap and close to home day activity for us.
We saw Turkey's on our way back down. They were strutting around the place like they owned it. Humans didn't seem to bother them much. It was fun for the kids to see them up close and alive instead of naked and cooked on the Thanksgiving table! There were also tons of hummingbirds everywhere. What a sight!
Madison is a great friend for the girls. She's very adventurous and outgoing. The perfect influence for my quiet little shy girls. They need to come out of their shells sometime and run around screaming into the wilderness.
They saw lots of deer on the Hamburg Trail and shooed them down to us so we could enjoy them too. They also didn't seem to bothered by humans. We were able to get pretty close to a few and sit and enjoy watching them. I was amazed at how much wildlife we were able to see so close to home.
I was glad Clay went up Hamburg Trail with the kids. I was sad I missed it but I think eating lunch before we headed up did me in. I was not feeling the hike at all once we got going but I plugged along!
Our friends the Nelson's have an amazing family and we enjoy doing things with them. The kids love to hang out, there's always good conversation and laughs, and it gets my family out of the house! We had a great time, we can't wait till our next adventure as a family!

1 comment:

ventepaschere said...

Vous cherchez des chaussures de ville homme, de la chaussure italienne homme, , des chaussures de sport homme chaussures pas cher Venez vite sur les aubaines !