Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bathroom update and Mr. Amazing!

For the sake of journaling, here is yet another bathroom update. Now, I've always known my husband was cool and super talented when it came to almost anything (he's not really a mechanic but Adam is helping him with that, and one area out of thousands isn't bad). What I didn't know is that he is a master at what ever he puts his mind to.


When Clay got home from his mission back in 1996, he started working for a construction company and a man by the name of Mark Fenn. He learned more in the four years he worked for him then he would ever realize.  What a blessing it was for him to get the opportunity to work for him and learn so much. I remember going on side jobs with Clay where he would take his own tools and install base board late into the night. We didn't have any kids yet so of course I went along to help (more like watch) instead of staying home alone being bored. This is when I developed a strong love for my husband and watching him work. In fact today I called into work just so I could stay home with him and help (or watch him). He's amazing.
Clay has always had to do things perfect and the correct way or it isn't good enough for him. My visions for the bathroom were big square slabs of stone thrown up, maybe not meeting up exactly perfect, and bam we're done. Oh no, that doesn't work for Clay (good thing too, then our bathroom would have been boring and ugly). He stratagizes for a couple years, plans and does the math, and bam this is what we get! This bathroom is anything but boring and all the lines match up perfectly!
The cuts are precise every time. He measures and remeasures. Squares up tile when it's off, and takes pride in everything he does. Like I said, amazing.
He's even designed the shower so it will have a built in wall shelf and two floating shelves. I am so incredibly excited to see the final product!
So I guess with all that being said, this post is really to thank Mark Fenn for all he taught Clay. He was a man who believed things should be done right the first time and if they weren't, do it again until they are correct and perfect. I'm thankful Clay took his job (and any job he's had) seriously and that he was able to learn so much. We live in a house now that was built in 1960. It's a great house, I love it, it can use a lot of TLC. I for one am glad Clay knows everything he does so he can make our old house an amazing home.
I love you husband, you're amazing!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Dang....he's pretty amazing!! ps...he makes really cute, amazing babies, too!!

ventepaschere said...

chaussurespaschere, chaussures pas cher chez les chaussurespaschere.fr Decouvrez nos chaussures femmes pas cheres: ballerines femme, bottes femme !