Friday, April 13, 2012

Break out the pink!

I had my second and third sonogram today.
I went for a doctors appointment today. I took my mom and the girls along just in case we had a sonogram they could enjoy seeing the baby with me. The doctor came into the exam room and couldn't find the heart beat. I had just heard it last week at a doctors appointment. They found it rather easily. Of course I start bawling, they move us directly to the next room which is the sonogram room, turn the lights off and proceed to see what's going on. There's our little baby moving around wildly like I just had sugar for breakfast. Then he turns on the speaker and blasting through the speakers roars the littlte baby's heartbeat. More tears, this time for joy. The doctor then calls a 3D sonogram place and gets me an appointment for that day. We race across town and get my second utlrasound of the day. 3D was an amazing sight to see, the baby was moving and waving and opening and closing it's mouth. Then we look to try to decide gender. We don't see anything sticking out between the legs. The sonogram technician shows us three little lines and says in all her years as a technician this usually means it's a girl. She said that she was 85% sure it was a girl and she's never been wrong. Break out the pink and call her Peanut! The girls were so excited. At the first sonogram the doctor said he thought it was a boy by the speed of the heartbeat. We'll get another ultrsound soon to confirm. The 3D place made a DVD for Clay since he didn't know we were having one or he would have been there. We went to Target afterwards and picked up a baby girl outfit and a card to surprise Dad with what we think the baby is! My first due date was set at October 10th, then moved to Sept 29th, then moved again to October 7th. We'll just have to see when she wants to make her grand arrival!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm officially the happiest aunt on the planet :) I have a long list of sewing projects for your little Peanut!! I'll try not to go overboard since I'm sure you have some too! Love you guys!

Bev said...

Baby shower with bees and butterflies....it's already in the works!! Can't wait for another sweet Dozier girl to be in our family!

Garner Family said...

I am so excited for you! I know you have waited a long time for this.

Kelly said...

VERY cool!!! So excited for you guys!

Gaylene said...

Congratulations Roxy!! That is so exciting!! I know how it is to wait!! We actually are finally getting our 2nd baby. Abby is already 7 1-2! We too are having a girl, due July 4th. Yay for girls!!

The Kleyn Family said...

Ahhh! So excited for you! Congratulations! I cannot wait for this new Dozier addition!!!

Best Nana said...

Hi sis,
Can't wait for the little one to get hear.Nice blog.

Anonymous said...

thank you !girls rock!


madison