Thursday, February 23, 2012

New Beginnings

Last night we went to New Beginnings at the church. Sydney was invited because she will be going into Young Women's in November. I cannot believe I will have a twelve year old young woman! I feel old. Where has my little baby girl gone? I am proud to say she is turning into the best young woman I know. She's well behaved, well rounded and still nice to her parents and sister! Hopefully the teenage years won't change anything. All the young women had to bring a hat that symbolized them and one of the young women's values.
We made Sydney's hat. I was a little confused about the whole hat thing but it turned out so good. I think it made the night more special because we had made her hat together and it said so much about her. We made a top hat to symbolize honesty, like honest Abe. We put a big heart on it because Sydney has a huge heart when it comes to others. We also put some books because she loves to read and learn, we put a list of things she was thankful for (School, Church, Family, and friends). We put a little 1st symbol because she always puts everyone before herself, including school work and her pets. She is amazing! The hat was all about Sydney.

Dad had to work and Alex wasn't invited so we invited Nana to share the experience with us. We had a great time. The program was spiritual and wonderful, and uplifting. I still can't believe Sydney is going to be in Young Women's. I'm excited for her!

We love you Sydney!

3 comments:

Bev said...

I enjoyed going to the New Beginings.Sydney rocks she is the Best of the Best.I love my girls.

Garner Family said...

Welcome to the 12 year old club (well soon anyway). It is strange having a YW now for me! But I love being in YW with her. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

yay for sydney!have a great spring break



madison