Sunday, April 17, 2011

Girls love pedicures!

Yesterday we had lots of errands to run. I felt bad the girls didn't get to have much fun this weekend. I had to work all day Friday and they had to go with me. We had to be there at 7:00 Am and didn't get home until 3:30. It was a long boring day for them. Saturday was just as busy. We were up and ready early so we could get our errands done and get back home and get a few things done around the house.
I decided we needed a little fun this weekend. We went to the mall and got pedicures! The girls loved it. It was so fun to do it all together. I haven't been able to get a pedicure since last year when I went with Amy for her birthday. We were the only ones in the salon at the time so it was great to laugh and joke and just spend time with the girls. I think the girls love pedicures just as much as I do. That may or may not be a good thing! After our toes got all pretty we went to McDonald's for a quick lunch and then we headed home to get some house cleaning done.
When Clay saw our nails later that night he said it looked like the colors of the sherbet ice cream he liked to eat. Wonder why I always pick orange? It's Clay's favorite color! The girls got their housework done in record time! Time to play in the water!
I love it when the weather is warm enough to play outside in the water. My grass gets watered, the chickens get a bath, and the girls have a great time! When Dad got home it was time to fire up the grill. We had a yummy dinner of grilled chicken and steak, a huge salad and some noodles. What better way to end a fun day than going to DQ!
We call it a secret at our house. When the kids were younger we use to try to surprise them. Clay would ask if we needed a secret that night. I would of course always say yes. Once we were in the car the girls would always ask where we were going. We would answer that it was a secret. Now they hear the word secret and they're running for the car. I can't wait for school to be out. We'll have more time to spend as a family, and more days filled with fun just like this one!

No comments: