Wednesday, April 13, 2011

3 For the fun of it!

Here are three quick little tid bits just for the fun of it. I heard about the Hunger Games Trilogy months ago from my friend Gato. I got sidetracked and busy I never got to read them. Well after everyone at work had read them but me I guess it was time to give in and do it too. Bad idea, it's like twilight all over again!! I was hooked from page one of book one. I finished book three today and cried in the end. The first book is being made into a movie and comes out March 2012. I CAN'T WAIT!! Next little story....... We had pizza tonight for dinner. Wednesday's are our special nights. After I got a call from Clay saying he would be late tonight, I decided not to dirty up a clean kitchen and order pizza. I was headed out the door to pick it up (No, we don't have delivery in Bisbee!) when Sydney says "Mom did you get the hot lovin kind"? Ummm, I busted up laughing! The what?? "You know, the thin kind that's hot and I love it" she says. Too funny, what a goofball. We had a good laugh and some yummy pizza. From now on it will forever be known as the hot lovin kind at our house. When my grand kids ask why we call pizza that I'm going to break out the blog book! Last but not least..... If you have not read this book, you have no idea what you're missing. If you haven't seen the movie either, wow you need to get to a red box ASAP! Read it, watch it, love it. We did.
I got sidetracked sorry, so on to story three. So in this book this girl has chickens and gives away their eggs. We now get four eggs a day from our lovely ladies. That's plenty for us. Today we collected eggs and discovered we had two 18 packs of eggs plus more that wouldn't fit in the carton. We have boiled eggs in the fridge already and we made egg salad sandwiches just last week. We're egged out! Time to get rid of some. We gave the four neighbors around us eggs. Hopefully they don't treat our eggs like the boy in Flipped treated the eggs that were given to him. The girls loved running around delivering the eggs. I wonder what our neighbors thought?

1 comment:

Garner Family said...

I loved the Hunger games and like you I just read them a couple of months ago. Maybe we will have to make a date to see the movie!