Sunday, October 24, 2010

Not so Girly after all!

The other day we went to visit my parents. While we were there Sydney asked if she could shoot papa's BB gun. He said sure. Most of the time I have girly girls on my hands. They always want to go to the mall. You tell them were going to Claire's in the mall and they get all excited and start squealing and giggling. I had to see Sydney shoot the gun to believe it. She did! Daddy would have been so proud if he had been there. I'm sure her Uncles and Papa think it's cool. Maybe they'll be taking her Elk hunting with them someday. She was a good aim too. Alex wasn't too big on the whole shooting thing but she did stay outside with Sydney and watch. Guns can be fun, I'm glad my kids have been around guns enough to know they aren't toys, they are dangerous, but they can be fun.
Clay brought me home a surprise the other day. Just for me! The girls always get really cool prizes from dad. I had been asking him to bring one of these home for a long time, and he finally did!
A tarantula!! I love these spiders. They're big and hairy and interesting. We had a good time looking at it. The spider wasn't very happy, I think it was the cramped water bottle he had been put in. That was all Clay had handy. After a couple of hours of watching and studying the big guy we let him go. Once he was outside he was bookin it. Clay sure knows how to surprise his girls!

1 comment:

Bev said...

OK, we have to have a long talk!! Guns and spiders? What the heck happened?