Sunday, October 10, 2010

Date Night!

Last night Clay came home from work and decided we needed a date night! Wooohooo, I love date nights!! We decided to invite two of our very best friends to go out with us. Their names are Sydney and Alex, and they're the two coolest girls we know. First we went to the bookstore. If you ever want to get our girls excited just tell them that they're going to a bookstore. Clay decided to take us all out because we worked our fingers to the bone cleaning the whole house ALL day yesterday. I didn't want to spend my fall break cleaning, and neither did the girls. I might need to clean more often if it means I get a date night!!! :) After spending some time at the bookstore it was off to dinner. We wanted something new this time. I haven't eaten at a Sonic for years and Clay had never been there. We decided to go to Sonic to eat. It was so yummy! The girls loved to watch the waitresses skate around on their roller skates. They were out of kid meal toys so the girls got a free ice cream cone instead......BONUS! We decided to eat outside of the car since it was a nice cool night and no bugs. Towards the end of dinner, Clay and the girls were freezing! I love that the cooler weather is here!
After some new books and movies, a yummy dinner, and lots of family time, we headed home. Thanks Clay for a great idea and a very fun date night!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you guys did have a fun date! That is awesome when you said you guys took the girls. I like to hear when guys put the manlyness aside and really become great fathers and husbands.

Bev said...

Clay is so lucky......you girls are cheap dates!! Fun dates too, I'm sure!