Monday, October 11, 2010

Don't ever grow up!

Recently we had a plumber visit our house. Not something we look forward to, but this guy was pretty good. We got through the whole visit without a plumbers crack! He fixed our front bathroom's tub faucet, made a mess, and way over charged us. Hey, it's fixed, that's what counts right? Anyways, on with my story. I was sitting on the couch talking with the plumber. We were haggling over prices and dates and times and so forth. Sydney comes in and says........ "Mom, can I do the dishes please?" I kid you not, those were her words. Now we here at the Dozier house still do our dishes by hand, we haven't worked our way up to dishwasher status yet. I'm right in the middle of talking prices, I kinda blow her off. I say, not right now Sydney, why don't you go and play. If she would have asked me this at any other time, I would have jumped for joy, given her a big kiss, and told her to have a blast. I didn't, I said no. Then next thing I hear is something I have never heard from her before. Mom, PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE, can I please do the dishes!
The plumber looks at me in shock, I'm looking at him wondering if I heard her right. I say, I guess Sydney if you really want to. She says I do, I do! Then she runs off to start running the water, Sydney and Alex do the dishes the whole time laughing and playing . As the plumber is leaving he says, you have very well behaved kids, I have never ever heard a kid beg to do the dishes, how did you do that? I just smile and say I have no idea. The girls have a new chore. It's not a chore to them. They love to do the dishes. YAY for mom, I absolutely DO NOT like to do dishes. I've said this before, but now I really really mean it. I am so thankful for my little girls!
Don't ever grow up! Mom doesn't want to go back to doing the dishes!!!!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Are you kidding? That's what my parents had us for.........to do dishes!! By the time they grow up you'll have a dishwasher or maybe grandkids who like to do dishes and then there is always paper plates!