Sunday, March 14, 2010

Primary Activity

Yesterday we had a Primary Activity Day. We went to a retirement home where one of the elderly ladies in our ward was moved to. We went more to perform service and missionary work than to have an activity.
We sang three songs. The residents faces lit up as soon as the children started singing. They loved it. The kids did so well!
This sister was once in our ward. She was so happy to see her primary kids. All the residents were so excited to see a baby. They all wanted a turn holding him. Good thing he came along with his family. His sweet spirit brought so much joy to the people we sang too.
Sydney and Alex did great. They were a little apprehensive of the people because they thought we were in a hospital and the people were sick. I explained to them that they wouldn't get sick and these people were just like their grandparents. After that they mingled well and were very friendly with everyone.
Afterwards we got a group shot of everyone that went. I was so proud of all the kids. They were all great singers and were very brave and friendly with the elderly folks we visited.

2 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE Alex's hair :) And is that blonde I see in yours?? Awesome!

The Prices!! . said...

I wish I could have been there! I am so glad you went. I was worried it would be just Camilee. I am glad Alex is feeling better too!