Monday, March 29, 2010

Good things are growin.....

I will be the first to stand up and say, I love my job. I love being the librarian at school. I like working with all the kids and getting to know all of them. I love reading them books, seeing them every day, and what can I say, I LOVE BOOKS! I didn't know when I took the job that I would have to host a book fair. Well I did. Here was our theme this year. Thanks to my Aunt Bev and the Jr. high school librarian, we had some pretty awesome decorations, even if I do say so myself!
Here are the bags we made for the teachers wish lists. They fill out a wish list, then parents generously buy their kids teachers a book and the book goes in the bag, then the bag goes to the teacher.
We made vines, and flowers, and carrots, and radishes, and beets, and potatoes out of pantie hose (thank you Aunt Bev), and much more!
Yes, we even had corn growing in our library....
Artichokes popped up too! We have a school garden that gets all the seeds when were done. YUM!
We even went as far as decorating the ceiling. The kids loved it! I think every inch of the library had something to do with something growing. The theme grew on us so much that even though the book fair has been over for a week or so we still have the decorations up.
We had a great showing of support from all the students and parents and teachers. We beat last years total for money earned and we earned $2200.00 in new books for our library. WOW! All in all it was a great experience, glad it is over, and can't wait to do it again next year!

3 comments:

Bev said...

Awesome job!! You can tell you love your job!! Cute, cute and more cute!

LissaCTR said...

Wow, that is cute! Much better than ours.

Linda said...

Roxy! You're the school librarian? How cool is that? Fun. You must be the funnest librarian ever. I'm so glad you are back into blogging...I am slowly coming back too. (I had to get over my facebook addiction. ha ha lol) And I love the new family pic in you header too... very cute. You look great!