Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer School

I was so worried my kids would hate summer school and I would get the Meanest Mom award for making them go with me. After two days, I am no longer worried.They love going to summer school.
Sydney was so worried that none of her friends would be there. Actually there are quite a few kids that go to summer school just because their parents work there. This is the case with one of Sydney's very best friends. Her mom works in the office at the campus where summer school is held so she GETS to come too! Sydney was so excited when she saw her. There are a few other kids from her 2nd grade class that attended as well. She is so excited at the end of school to tell me all the things they did that day. I know it's only day two, but man am I glad I took this summer job. I peeked in on Sydney a few times yesterday and every time I did she was working hard and looked like she was having fun. What a relief. I was also a little worried about how Alex would do. She's still a bit of a Mommy's girl, and having me right next door in another classroom, I thought for sure she was going to have a hard time. Surprise surprise, she also loves school! Alex has at least two kids in her class that were also in her kindergarten class, she also has the same teacher for summer school as she did for kindergarten. She loves school! No tears, no gnashing of teeth, no wailing. All I get is a simple Bye Mom and off she goes to class. I do get to see her at snack time.
Hopefully the next 18 days of summer school go this smoothly. I am looking forward to sleeping in late, swimming all day, and having no school starting in July.

2 comments:

Bev said...

You're going to have the smartest kids ever. I'm all for keeping them busy during the summer and looks like your kids are having a ball!

Linda said...

Lucky you! I so wish my Porter could go to summer school. He's bored out of his mind hangin' out with his hugely preggo mom. We're like in hibernation over here.