Thursday, June 25, 2009

And the award goes to.....

Yes folks, those are my children playing in the street. I hardly ever let the kids play out front because we live right off a highway and we have no front fence. When everyone else is doing it why not my kids too! The next door neighbor girl and a few other kids from the neighborhood were all out front on their bikes. "Go play in the street kids!" They thought I had totally lost my mind. "What did you say mom?" They didn't come back inside until 8PM. They had so much fun!! Now every evening since they have been playing in the road (carefully of course, and always watching for cars).
So, I wonder if I would get the bad mom award or the cool mom award. I use to play in the street all the time growing up. It's sad times have changed so much. Now my yard gets watered, the kids have some freedom and some fun, and their mom is always watching whether they know it or not!
Long live summer, and long live kids riding bikes in the middle of the street!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome... Brings back memories; like throwing sticks in the spokes of tires, lions club bike wars, etc. Keep it up!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was from James... Sorry

Anonymous said...

Your Mom and I (and the entire neightborhood of 28th Place) used to play in the street - Good times were had by all! Debbie

Bev said...

Yep, I remember 28th St. playing in the road, for sure. Where else was there to play? I loved summer!