Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Off to the beach!

Yay!! It's finally here. We're heading to Phoenix tonight then off to the beach in the morning. We're so excited we've been having a hard time sleeping. The girls are soooooo excited they almost can't stand it! Alex has her heart set on finding a starfish. I don't see that happening but you never know. I'll probably have to go to a gift shop or something, buy one, throw it out on the beach and have her find it. Knowing my luck, someone would swoop down right in front of her and get it. We'll see what happens. Sydney wants to find lots of shells and of course a sand dollar. I got a recipe from a friend of some solution to take to keep the shells in for a few days to take the smell out of them. Maybe this year we'll actually keep some of the shells we find. The last time we went to the beach, the shells stunk so bad for so long that we had to toss them!

I don't really care what I find. I just want to build a sandcastle, play in the ocean, soak up the sun, and spend the days with family. I'm sure my sandcastle will look nothing like this but we''ll have fun trying!

The one thing we really don't want to see on the beach..... SHARK! At sea world sure, on our beach....no thanks! The girls are so worried there is going to be a shark in the water. Sydney loves sharks. She has every book and poster they make about sharks! She has a shark head hanging on the ceiling above her bed along with posters. She loves sharks on t.v. and in books. I'm going to spend all of our beach time trying to convince her that there are NO SHARKS close to us, so go play in the water.

We'll have tons of pictures and stories about our California adventure to share with you soon! Until then, have a safe and fun fourth of July!! Happy Birthday Dad (on the 4th!)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a fun, safe time at the beach! Debbie