Sunday, October 2, 2011

Surprise!

Clay woke up yesterday and told me to get packed for Phoenix. We were going to go to his Mom's and surprise her for her birthday. I know, this coming from my husband! I had to pick myself up off the floor, after I got over my shock, I jumped in the shower, got packed, and we were off. When we reached Tucson we thought we better call her and make sure she was going to be home before we went any further. She was so excited!It's conference weekend so we got to watch a few sessions with Mama before we had to leave. The girls found the fan so entertaining, we just had to take a picture.
All you could hear was the fan blowing and the girls giggling. Is there any better noise than happy kids? I think not!
Then we took pictures with the birthday girl before we left. Last night, (on her actual birthday) we took Mama out for dinner at Carrabas and to the movie Real Steel. Both were excellent!
I'm so glad Clay decided to surprise his mom or she may have been all alone on her Birthday. That would have been sad!
After a couple family pictures it was time to head home. Only after we ate a yummy Sunday feast of course. It was a quick trip but it was so much fun. Happy Birthday Mama!

No comments: