Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It seems like yesterday...

It seems like it was jut yesterday that my good friend Amie was my maid of honor at my wedding. In truth that was almost 13 years ago. It seems like yesterday Amie was coming to visit me when I had Sydney, that was over 10 years ago. Many times have seemed like yesterday over the years. Weddings, funerals, memorial day weekends. I've seen bits and pieces of her over the years. I think the last time I saw my good friend was four or five years ago in Benson. Well, I decided it had been too long. I don't think I'd ever even met her kids. It was time to hang out! So we did! Peter Piper to the rescue. The kids got to play and the mommies got to visit. It seemed like we had just seen each other yesterday. We picked up right where we left off. It's amazing how friends can do that. I had such a good time. It made me really miss high school and seeing my friends on a daily basis. I look forward to hanging out again and catching up with Amie and her family.
Then there's the kids! She has boys, I have girls. We both have an Alex. She has an Alexander who is 7, I have an Alexandra who is 8. Her boys were so well behaved and polite. My girls got along really well with them. All they could talk about after we left was how cool their hair was! They were cool kids and we want to have more play dates with them soon.
We can't forget the baby Ashten! He also had cool hair! He was a great baby and didn't fuss a bit when his mom was busy visiting. I have no idea why it took us so long to get together. I won't let it go that long again, we had way to much fun! Heads up Amie, you'll be getting more calls from us to hang out soon!!

2 comments:

Bev said...

OK, Amie and her kids are too cute for words!! Love that baby and his adorable HAIR!!!
PS....you already know you and your kids are adorable too!!
BFF's are the best!!

Amie said...

Roxanne! Been thinken' about you since you left! I miss you! I BETTER BE getting some calls to hang out. I can't wait! We all had such a great time with you and your girls. See you SOON! :)