Friday, March 4, 2011

Bookfair time!

It's bookfair time at our school again! It's our favorite time of the year. We don't have to go anywhere to look at the newest titles of books. The buckets below are the teacher wish lists this year. The teachers put books in them and when parents or students come in looking for a book for their teacher they just get a book out of their bucket. Our theme this year is Bookfair carnival, your ticket to read! The girls and I went in last weekend and decorated for the event. They had a lot of fun. I think it turned out pretty cute. Sydney usually is a little slow getting out of bed in the mornings. All I have to do now is remind her that the bookfair is at the school and she's up and ready to go!
We've been open for business for two school days now and we have three more to go. Bookfairs are a lot of time and work. This year was my first year being in charge of setting up and decorating by myself. It was a little stressful but in the end it all came together. Based on our first two days of sales we're gonna come darn close to last years totals, if not surpass them. That means more new books for our library!
I'm glad the bookfair is here and so many kids are getting good books to read at home. I love the bookfair but, come next week when it's all packed up and gone and spring break starts, I'll be one happy person!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job decorating! I hope you sell many, many books - decloaking to comment - Debbie