Tuesday, February 22, 2011

D Hill Hike

Yesterday to celebrate President's Day we went for a hike.We drove to Douglas to hike up D Hill. It was very, very windy. It wasn't too cold and the sun was out so it turned out to be a good hiking day.
Now, some people may call this hike a "Grandma hike". I'll tell you something, it was quite a hike for me. I was coughing, out of breath, and as always holding everyone up. I made it to the top alive though!
Clay was so smart to pack the girls their binoculars, they were so excited when he pulled them out of the pack! It was so windy up on top but the view was amazing!
We sat up on top for quite awhile enjoying the view and the wind. The girls liked exploring and looking for pretty rocks to add to their collection.

The wind was so strong it was almost like being in a wind tunnel. You could lean into the wind and not fall over, it would hold you up. It was a fun experience for the girls. I do not like the wind, it tends to make me a little grouchy, but yesterday I actually enjoyed the wind for once.
It was Clay's idea to go hiking. I'm so glad we did. We all collected special rocks to remember our hike. We're going to try to get up to the B in Bisbee, we also want to see the A on A mountain. Then we'll need to find a C. Maybe we could do the whole alphabet in mountains! I love doing things as a family that the girls will always remember. It was a great way to spend a day off....together!
Until our next family adventure........

2 comments:

Bev said...

Hey, you could hike to "C" Camp Aunt Bev's..........that's a good idea!!!

stephanie dalluge said...

Wow this looks so gorgeous!