Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Crazy Quilt Weekend!

Labor Day weekend this year was spent quilting. I had three quilts to finish before this weekend coming up, and no other free time. So I got busy! I was actually killing time waiting for the plumbers to come, which they never did. (Didn't call me back, I sat around waiting, NOT good RAUL'S plumbing, not good!) This quilt is for Michelle for her baby shower on Saturday! Happy baby shower.
I like to make the baby quilts, they go really fast.
The next quilt is my moms. I've been working on it forever. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift, then it turned to Mothers Day, then her Birthday. Well, I finally got it done.
She picked the material and I got to sewing!
It is huge and soft and snugly. Here you go Mom, enjoy!
The next quilt was for our next door neighbor. She had all four wisdom teeth pulled. While she was sleeping thanks to lots of good pain meds her mom brought over some Eegee's to share with us. We loved it! We decided to do something for her since she shared her yummy treats with us.
The girls helped pick through my material. They picked which stitches I used, and I sewed and cut the quilt.
We took it over to her yesterday. She loved it! Get better soon Mikeaela!
Labor Day weekend was relaxing and fun. Labor Day itself was spent working on our bathroom remodel. The weather wasn't cooperating but we managed to get one piece of drywall cut and hung. Now it's off to work for three days. I love holiday's that fall on Monday's!!!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Love every single one of those quilts!! When you come Thursday we'll plan a girls crafting weekend and invite Diane and Em and TeriAnne and Kay and whatever girls she wants to bring!! Fun!

Anonymous said...

Cool quilts! If you need assistance with that bathroom remodel, all you have to do is let us know! We'll be there! Debbie