Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Party Time!

This past weekend we went to My Aunt Debbie's to help her celebrate her birthday. It was so much fun. It was more like a mini vacation than anything. We got to stay at our own place with nice beds, cooler cranked down to 72, refrigerator stocked with beverages, and no one waking us up early in the morning (except the ghost). You can't go to Aunt Debbie's without meeting the kids. The girls loved all the dogs but I think their favorites were the weenies. Shhh, don't tell the others. This is Sydney with Lucy! After breakfast one morning Uncle Jim took us for a short little walk in the 115 degree weather. I tell ya, I almost melted going those 20 steps!! It was worth it. During the night this cactus had bloomed. This cactus, a cirrus (sp?), blooms once a year and at night. We walked back by later that day and all the petals were gone, you couldn't even tell it had bloomed. It looks like a pile of sticks when it isn't blooming. I thought it was really cool.
Then you have the BFF's. Yes, yes, I know, Debbie is going to love me for posting this picture. Well too bad!! Since I was born, Aunt Debbie has always been there. At my birthday parties, baptism, wedding, kids birthday's, you name it she was there! She's amazing. I was so glad we got to go to her house for a change and help her celebrate, even if she had to make her own home made ice cream, it was one fun party. It made me smile seeing my mom have so much fun with her childhood friend and BFF. The green shirt that Debbie is wearing was made by her sister. It says Today is my birthday! Loved it!
We ate a huge lunch with lots of yummy food. The girls liked the corn on the cob the best. It was so fresh and juicy. Yum!
Then it was time for games. My mom was put in charge of party activities. What is a party without Minute to win it games? In my opinion, not a very fun party without them! Here is Sydney trying to blow the cups off the table with a balloon.
Alex was in charge of handing out medals. She did a great job! Go Alex!!
We played stack the apples too. No one could get it done in a minute but my Uncle Jim finally did get them stacked!
Sorting M&M's with one hand behind your back. Always is more challenging than it looks!
I'm not sure who was able to finish this challenge. It was probably Shirley, she won the most!
This one is fun. You have to roll the ping pong ball down the tape measure into a shot glass. Once again, more challenging than it looks, and Shirley won.....again!
Shirley blowing cards off. You have to blow the whole deck of cards off the stack but leave only the very last card on. Shirley won.
Shirley with her medals, like I said, she was the top performer. She smoked us all!! We had so much fun playing with everyone. I love these games at a get together.
Here is a picture of all the party animals! We had a blast. We're already training for next years bash so we can take some of those medals from Shirley! After games, we had cake and ice cream and ventured outside to the pool. Even though the party didn't start until 2:45, by the time it was over I think it was close to 8:00pm, we were beat! We grabbed a snack and went off to bed. We all slept good that night (no ghosts this time, maybe I was too tired to hear them but I did freeze my tootsies off, thank you mom)! We must really know how to party, I don't think we got up the next morning until 9Am. Then it was time to pack up our stuff and head home, what a fun weekend!
Happy Birthday Aunt Debbie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice narrative of a very fun day - all because you and your Mom and daughters were there! Love, Debbie

Bev said...

I wanna party too!! Is that Judy in the group pic? Shirley hasn't changed a bit. Looks like you all had a blast!! Lucky Debbie for having you celebrate with her!