Friday, May 13, 2011

32....where did the time go?

So I had a birthday yesterday. I'm not really one for being excited on my birthday. I hate getting older. I feel like I graduated high school just yesterday, when in fact it's been 14 years. I feel like just last week Clay and I were being married and starting a family but that was almost 13 years ago! Where in the world does time go?? I have to say, this was one of my best birthdays ever. My wonderful husband, who does not like social events what so ever, joined me at school and ate lunch with me. This year is the first year I have worked on my birthday. I was a little grumpy in the morning knowing it was my birthday and I had to work. The girls at work were awesome, completely spoiled me. I got a plant, some socks, a book, chocolates, tons of food including my favorite....jalapeno bagels! There was a lot of happy birthday songs from all the kids at school. Then my amazing husband shows up and surprises me with roses and lunch! I was feeling better by then for sure! We ate in the cafeteria so the girls could eat with us too. Considering my husband had only gotten 4 hours of sleep and he dislikes people and noise, this was a huge event!


Then when we got home from school he took us out. We went to Olive Garden to eat (YUM), we took my wedding ring into the jeweler to be fixed after months of disrepair, then it was off to Claire's to get all the girls some bling!. Then we went to Walmart and shopped a little and ended the evening at the bookstore. Perfect! I didn't buy any books because I just got a kindle but I walked around writing down titles names so I could download them when I got home. Once we got home it was time for cake! We were all so tired after a full day that we called it an early night, plus Clay was still going on 4 hours of sleep and starting to look a little zombie-ish soo....


Happy 32 to me (I wish it was 23 but what can ya do)!! I got tons of calls and cards. It's nice to be loved. Thanks to everyone who thought of me on my birthday. I couldn't have had a better birthday!

1 comment:

Garner Family said...

I am so glad you had a happy birthday!