Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bookfair 2012

It was book fair season again at Greenway. That means I have been one busy lady for the past 2 weeks or so. Our goal this year was to beat last years profits of $6,600 by at least $100.00. If we accomplish this goal our Principal has dance the hula in the cafeteria in a grass skirt! The theme this year was a book fair Luau. I dressed the part everyday for two weeks. I had the good ole Hawaiian shirt and I rocked a Lei every day! We were busy non stop every day. It was exhausting but also so much fun. We had a family night. We played pin the coconut on the palm tree, we did the limbo to Hawaiian music, we had prizes and raffles, and we also sold ice cream floats and sundaes. The girls had to be up early to get to the school with me by 6:45Am, then our day didn't usually end until 4:30PM or so. They were tired little girls but good sports about the whole thing. I think it helped that they got to read as many books as they wanted before and after school. We also had a second family night with a free movie offered. The school put on Lilo and Stitch and had popcorn and water for sale. That was pretty fun too.
The last day of the book fair was today. We closed it down at 8:00 this evening. When we did a profits print out from the registers, they said we made $7,100. We get 50% of the profits to spend on new books for the school!! It looks like Mr. Gauch will be doing the Hula next week! This has been our biggest and most successful book fair to date. It was a lot of fun but I am glad it's over. Time to start looking forward to October when we have another book fair at the Junior High. Oh my goodness, come October Sydney will be in Junior High!! That's a scary thought!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that the success was because of all of the hard work you put into it! The girls are such troopers. And, Sydney in Jr. High? Say it isn't so! Debbie

The Kleyn Family said...

How did I miss this post until now??!! You are seriously THE BEST librarian ever! The book fairs at the boys' school are lame. Rack of books and a $$ register. Your library looks awesome! And I'm sure those girls of yours are proud to have their momma putting on such a fancy book fair! So fun! :)

Bev said...

I've missed so much....blogger is lame!!!