Saturday, July 30, 2011

Old friend, new quilt

I'm not real big on the whole Facebook thing. I have a Facebook, I use it occasionally. I do however like the fact that I can reconnect with people I knew once upon a time. Just so happens I reconnected with a friend from school whom I haven't seen in at least 14 years. She was a good friend and I have lots of fond memories of spending time with her. I had made a quilt and posted pictures of it on my Facebook. She commented on it. We got to talking and I offered to make her little boy a quilt. I mentioned I was no a pro at quilting and that I did it mainly for fun. She was so excited I was going to make one for her!

I got all the material, got the circles cut out, everything put together, and it was in the mail before the week was up. I also made a pillowcase to match.

It was by far one of my most favorite quilts. She was so excited to get it and she says her little boy loves it. I'm so glad. I have a hard time letting go of the quilts I make, it makes it easier when I know they're going to be loved.


I'm in the process of updating our blog with our many summer adventures. I have to get this done before school or it'll never happen. I hope to have all the updates done by next week. Keep your fingers crossed I accomplish my goal so you'll have something to read. I know you're all dying to find out what we've been up to :)

1 comment:

The Kleyn Family said...

Soooo cute, jealous of your skills once again! And WE ARE dying to find out what you've been up to. My fingers are totally crossed! :)