Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Boxes of beds....oh my!

We finally decided that the girls needed new beds. They had loft beds. These beds were awesome. There was a desk and bookshelf that their twin bed sat on. Our house is old so we don't have vaulted ceilings or anything. When they were on top of the bed they were practically kissing the ceiling. Plus we had two of these beds in one room. You walked in and all you saw were beds! It was very squished. That lasted about 6 months then Mom got claustrophobic and made a few changes. I moved the desk and bookshelf units into storage and set the bed units on the floor. Much better, the girls at least had breathing room now. Even though the beds were complete with nice comfy mattresses, I still felt bad for the girls having to sleep on the floor every time I walked by their room. I put their loft beds on craigslist and within three days they were sold! Now what? The girls slept on an air bed while we shopped for beds. They still wanted to share a room so we decided on bunk beds. We found an awesome full on full wooden bunk bed online at simplybunkbeds.com. They offered free shipping and free mattresses. Perfect for what we were looking for.

We decided to buy the bunk beds after shopping around a bit more. The boxes the girls are playing in in the above picture, yeah those are the boxes that showed up with mattresses in them! (You can't tell in the picture but Sydney is wearing a headlight and Alex has a flashlight and their making these boxes into clubhouses. Yeah my kids have NO toys to play with! Good thing there were no boys around, all over both boxes it was written that boys were not allowed.) Totally cheap mattresses but free. They're like a couch bed mattress but thinner!! They're like a piece of foam covered in material. Not what I wanted but for now the girls say they don't mind.

Next came the beds in a delivery truck. I got really excited when I saw this truck pull up. I was dumb! How dare I think they may have been put together for me and then shipped! DUH!!

Three heavy boxes arrived (we were supposed to get 4 boxes but the under bed storage drawers are on back order) and we got to work. The girls were so sad they couldn't play in these ones.

A couple hours later, the girls had new beds. They also got new bedding, I didn't have anything for a full size bed. What is the first thing they do in their new bed that is up off the floor? Grab a book and read! The under bed storage drawers should ship in August sometime. I like that the beds can come apart and become two separate full beds for when the girl decide to have their own rooms. I'm so thankful that they are the best of friends and enjoy each other so much. I'm not a bad mom anymore!! My kids have beds that are off the floor, yay!!

No comments: