Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Yes, I am so behind in my blogging. Every year around this time I fall off the blog wagon. Clay had been hounding me for weeks, I'm getting angry notes in my e-mail, and I've looked at my previous years blog books and this seems to be a pattern that is repeating itself. So, here we go, catch up time.....again. This year we had planned to have my family over for Thanksgiving. Most years we go up to Phoenix to Clay's mom's house. We didn't feel much up to traveling this year and we had decided to not fight with the traffic. We then found out everyone in my family had to work. So we decided to brave the traffic and go to Grandma's after all.
The food was great, as always. Grandma Winckle flew in so that was extra special. Colin was home this year, Tara was down, and Chalice popped in. It was well worth fighting the traffic to get to see everyone.
Grandma Winckle was the star of the show this year. We hadn't seen her for a few years so it was great catching up with her.
We decided to work off some of our huge meal with a trip to the local bowling alley. The kids had a blast, we ate pizza and drank soda, and partied the day away! Sydney of course was a high scorer compared to the rest of the family.
The girls loved seeing their cousins J.J and Victoria.
Clay was even in on the bowling action. Don't those shoes just look HOT on him.
The girls have been missing Victoria ever since she stayed a week with us in the summer. They had a great time together
Alex getting a strike!
Mama and Papa bowled too. I think Papa ended up winning for the adult side. They own their own bowling balls and shoes so we were way out of our league!
Uncle Colin popped in before we left to head home. It was fun seeing all of Clay's siblings. I'm sure they enjoyed seeing Clay too. He doesn't often make the trips up to Phoenix. It was a lot of fun seeing Grandma too, hopefully we get to visit with her again real soon. Happy turkey Day!

No comments: