Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sydney's 10th Birthday.

I know, I know it's been forever. Every year starting on Alex's birthday, I get very behind in my blogging. My blog books are proof of this. I figured I better do it now or else (plus it's Clay's night for the clicker so I have nothing else to do besides housework. I choose blogging over clean dishes). So I'll start playing catch up with Sydney's Birthday. For Sydney's birthday we gave her the choice of going bowling or doing something else. She wasn't too impressed with Alex's bowling birthday so she choose to do something else. I had heard about Butterfly Magic on the radio and it sounded like something Sydney would love.
A few phone calls later, to Nana and Uncle Will to see if they wanted to go with us, and couple hours later we were in Tucson at the Tucson Botanical Gardens. Nana and Uncle Will both came with us, good thing too! We needed Will's TomTom to help us find the right spot.
I can say, Butterfly Magic was truly magical. It was steamy and warm inside the greenhouse where the butterflies are kept. They had sounds playing and it made you feel like you were in a rain forest. I have never in my life seen so many butterflies in one spot. The were magnificent.
They were huge! They were active. They were beautiful.
These two were actually mating, yes someone in there felt the need to tell us this, but none the less it is a great picture. Just pretend it's a mirror image.
They landed on you,
They stayed on you,
They tasted you,
and they made us all smile. They tickled when they landed. This big fella stayed on Sydney for a long time, she loved every minute of it.
Uncle Will was a real trooper. I'm sure he'll think twice about coming to one of our birthday outings again. I don't think he realized how much Sydney liked insects when he said he would come along. He was a good sport.
We all got checked before we could leave the green house for stray butterflies. I even had to zip up my purse because a few butterflies had gotten out hitchhiking in some lady's purse.
Sydney was a good navigator. We followed the map and learned about all plants in the gardens. There was a tour marked on the map of Wicked Plants. This was really interesting and Sydney was a great tour guide.
Then it was off to Peter Piper Pizza for birthday lunch. We spent all our change, won over 300 tickets, claimed our prizes, hopped in the car and headed to the mall for Sydney's birthday movie. We didn't make the movie in time and since Mom and Alex can't see 3D we headed home. Once Sydney opened her presents she was glad we missed the movie. She got Toy Story 3 for her birthday. We did finally get to the theatre to see her birthday movie a week later. We went and saw Mega Mind, it was funny. Happy Birthday Sydney, We love you!!!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Sounds like a perfectly fun birthday!! Who would have thought!! She's turning into quite the young lady....Happy Birthday, Sydney!!

Bev said...

PS...beautiful pictures too!! Nice camera and photographer!