Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Windows!

Since the government has decided to give us a nice rebate for getting windows we decided it was time to do so. We got all the windows on the back of the house replaced. It's only four windows but we still get a good rebate. Our old windows are single pane and U-G-L-Y. Not to mention drafty and they would rattle with the wind. We also had a very frustrating sliding glass door that liked to jump off the track. Nothing can make a good day bad faster than having to get on your hands and knees with a crowbar and put the sliding glass door back on track!
I was never so happy to see those old windows go! The window in the kitchen had some kind of self done tint job on it. You couldn't really see out, the screen was caulked in and the window made so much noise when the wind blew. HORRIBLE.
Now it's like we have HD (High Def) windows. Our kitchen it brighter, the colors outside are amazing, and if you don't want to hear the wind you just shut the window! AMAZING. I'm in love. I don't want to put the curtains back up. I want to clean them all the time. I can't believe we waited so long. Ok, I can believe it. Windows are dang expensive!! We plan on eventually getting the whole house done but for right now I'm happy with the four new ones!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Amazing what a new window will do for your out look on life!! Congrats!

Lilypad said...

This is epic. I still can't believe ur friend made those herself. -.-"