Monday, May 3, 2010

Holy Mold Batman!

We had a LITTLE plumbing problem over the weekend that resulted in a minor remodel under our sink. It all started on Sunday. I was rinsing breakfast dishes while Clay was getting ready for church. Well, the sink wasn't draining very well (and hadn't been for some time). Saturday we had tried Drain-o and nothing was helping. So, Me, trying to be the handy man herself, decides to plunge the sink. I'm plunging away and all the sudden the sink plug thing pops off and all the water drains really fast. Well it all went under the sink and down on the floor.This must have happened a lot before we bought this house because since we have moved in we have needed to replace the board under the sink. You know where you put all the cleaning supplies, that shelf. Anyways we ripped the old one out after we finally got the drain fixed. It took my dad coming, water blowing out the laundry room and out the top of the roof and a 25ft. snake but we got it fixed. There was the most vile black sludge looking junk coming out of the drain. It was all over Clay's hand as he was pulling the snake out. It smelled like sewer. What a nightmare.
Then comes the MOLD. Yeah this house has some issues. Good to see these boards go. It looks like the sink may have had major problems since the house was built in 1960. Instead of fixing it properly, whoever just covered it up with a band aid. Not Clay, He fixed EVERYTHING that was wrong, and fixed it correctly! We're good to go for years to come now.
This is what the sink looked like after we ripped out all the moldy, disgusting boards that were rotten. It stunk, and it was very gross!
The new board, the nice all fixed up plumbing, and the plumbers arm (not crack) that did all the work. Way to go Handyman Dozier!!
P.S. I'll be posting pictures of Farmer Dozier next :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for showing an arm and not a crack! I don't think I could have looked at him the same had I seen my bro-in-laws butt :) Sending love from my Dozier's to yours!!

Bev said...

I loved the crack (crack). You crack me up!! Holy crack....oh stop!! I love the POLICE ICE shirt too....That means business. That Clay is a keeper.....send him my way, will ya.......I have some honey do's that need honey done!!