Saturday, August 22, 2009

Alex gets a new bike.

Alex got a new bike the other day from my dad and mom (Papa and nana). I was so excited. We have bought at least two bikes in the past for Sydney and she has wanted NOTHING to do with them. Since we've been playing with the kids in the neighborhood, who all have bikes, Alex has been dying to get a bike. My dad is a firm believer in every kid knowing how to ride a bike. So Nana and Papa came down, got a bike, and wanted to help Alex learn how to ride. I wanted the training wheels on, but Papa said no! He said it would take her twice as long to learn. I remembered having training wheels when I was little but he said I didn't. Ok, ok, I'm not going to argue with my dad so the training wheels stayed off. After a few close calls, one major fall, and a scraped knee Alex was getting the hang of her bike. My back was killing me from holding her up straight (training wheels would have helped this but me and my dad rarely agree on anything when it comes to kids). She was falling less and lees and then.......
She was off and riding. Two days flat and she can ride her bike!! I was surprised after her big fall that the very next day she wanted to get right back on and try again. Yay for Alex! I can't believe it only took a few days, she rocks!
Sydney on the other hand could still care less about riding a bike! She'll play outside with everyone but doesn't really like to try to ride Alex's bike.
I was so proud of Sydney when she did ask if she could try to ride the bike too. She went up the road once and that was enough for her. I had so much fun helping Alex learn to ride her bike. I want to get a bike too now, so I can ride with her.

5 comments:

Amie said...

Way to go Alex! I can't believe she learned to ride her bike so fast. We're waiting for it to cool off here so we can teach Alex to ride his. Yea for grandparents that buy the kids stuff we want to but can't afford! I noticed (it looks like) you cut your hair. Short looks so good on you! I love it!

Bev said...

funny girls....I want bugs, but no bike! Way to go Alex!!

The Kleyn Family said...

Thumbs up for Alex! Riding your bike in the road with all of the neighbors is what a childhood is made of! She's awesome!

James and Tammy Stanley said...

way to go Alex!! Can't wait to see you guys camping

James and Tammy Stanley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.