Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Girls, guess what?.......... I love your Dad!

There is a phrase said around our house almost once a day. Most of the time it is said, the girls plug their ears and run away. I think it's funny. It always starts out with Girls, Guess what? I wait for them to answer, and they always answer cautiously, not wanting to hear me profess my love for their dad. Occasionally, I'll say something like, it's time to clean, or time to go grocery shopping or something like that. Most of the time I quickly and loudly say I LOVE YOUR DAD before they can plug their ears. I hear awwww mom, we know!! I love it!
Many of you know my husband. Very strong silent type. I for one think he is awesome. Strong, handsome, yadda yadda yadda. Well this is one Kodak moment, that every time I think about it, I smile and find myself loving my husband even more. I stood in awe of him this night, not because he was big and strong. No, it was because he was a softy showing me how much he loves our girls! I'm still in awe to this day.
I was watching t.v. and relaxing after work. Alex came into the living room and asked if I would paint her nails. Almost too quickly, I answered, not right now, OK. Almost immediately I hear Clay say I will. Talk about feeling like a horrible Mom!
Alex quickly ran to her room, grabbed the nail stuff and met her Dad in the kitchen. After colors were picked, the painting party began! Most of you don't know that my husband is a softy but the majority of you know he is a perfectionist. Yeah, it took like 20 minutes for him to paint 10 little fingers!
They looked perfect! Alex was one happy little girl all thanks to her Dad.
Yes, I'm still in awe, and even more in love!

1 comment:

Bev said...

This is the coolest thing I've ever seen!! Clay is AWESOME and I'm glad (and so are the girls) that you love their dad!!
Cute, cute, super cute post!!