Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Reading Program (week 3)

Yesterday was the first time we have been able to attend the summer reading program this year. The first two weeks of the program we were gone. The girls look forward to going every year, they were very excited to get to go. In the above picture Sydney is holding a spider that goes along with the story the presenter told us. Alex was holding a fly but the little old lady ate it, and the spider too!
After some fun stories we learned to recognize dessert plants, and the names of the plants. Every plant we learned about had an action that went along with it's name. Here the kids are doing the Ocotillo, I think.
Then they got to decorate a can, put sand in it, tape on a cardboard lid and do a rain dance. Actually, mom wouldn't let them do a rain dance. I just put up my massive pool, spent hours filling it with water and I want to enjoy it before the monsoons. Ok, truth be told, I let them do a LITTLE rain dance but I was secretly wanting it not to work. No rain as of yesterday! We had a lot of fun and we're looking forward to next week.

No comments: