Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One last Hoo-Rah!!

We decided to have a water party at our house. One final celebration before school starts on Monday. We invited a bunch of friends, had yummy snacks, and played in the water all day!
There were so many kids on the slide, they looked like little ants, all in a row waiting for their turn to go down. I'm glad to say no one got seriously hurt, there wasn't any major fighting, and the whining only started when the kids had to get off the slide and out of the pools to go home. We had such a great time! A few of the moms even tried the slide (me included). What a blast!



Since there won't be school on Friday's this year, we plan on having a few more water parties while the weather is warm. We have one more HOT trip to Phoenix planned then it's off to school. I for one would love to have a few more weeks of summer, if not a month more. The kids are so excited to get back. We checked their class list, both girls are going to have the teacher I preferred, they also have many of their friends from last year who will be in their class. I'm not sure what I'll be doing at the school this year. I should find out tomorrow, it's our first full day back for the teachers and staff. I hope it doesn't change much from the kids and teachers I was working with last year. We'll see.

No comments: